Hello everyone! Today I will show you the easiest ways to convert Microsoft Word document to PDF.
Benefits of a Portable Document Format (PDF):
- You can view documents regardless of the word processor you are using.
- A PDF document has the ability to preserve formatting. Once you save a document on a PDF format, it will be free from formatting errors once you share or copy it on another computer or device. Whereas, Microsoft Word documents’ known errors when copied or shared on another computer is the word processor incompatibilities which results into font style changes, font sizes, spacing, and margin errors.
- PDF is useful when saving important files such as resumes, letters, and other essential documents which formatting should be preserved.
To cut the story short, here are easiest ways to convert Microsoft Word document to PDF:
Method 1: 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS
This would be the easiest and most convenient way to convert Microsoft Word document to PDF. This method is applicable for those who are using Microsoft Office 2007
1. First download this file: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS
2. After downloading, locate the file and install it. (See pictures below).
3. When finished installing, open a document on Microsoft Word 2007 and when you’re ready to save your file, click on the Microsoft Office icon at top left corner, hover your mouse on “Save As” button and click “PDF or XPS’.
4. A drop down menu will pop-up. Click it and select PDF.
5. If you want to automatically open your PDF file after saving, click the “Open file after publishing option”. You can also choose between standard or minimum size depending on your purpose. You may leave these options if your sole purpose is just to convert Microsoft Word document to PDF.
That’s it! You have just converted a Microsoft Word document to PDF.
For those who are using the 2010 or 2013 versions of Microsoft Word, you don’t have to download the Add-in above and you can simply follow the following steps. The procedure is almost the same as the one above.
- Open Microsoft Word 2010/2013
- When you are ready to save your work, click the “File” menu on the top left corner of Microsoft Word screen, select “Save & Send” and click on “Create PDF/XPS Document”.
- After hitting the save button, your newly created PDF document will automatically open.
Method 2: Alternative way to easily convert Microsoft Word document to PDF.
Convert Microsoft Word document to PDF online
If you’re having trouble following the first method, you may convert your Word documents to PDF using the following sites:
Reminder: These are 100% free websites so do not continue converting your documents if any of these websites are asking for any kind of payment. Most of these sites will ask for your email so that they can send you the PDF file you will be converting so please provide one.
Steps in converting your Word document to PDF online:
- Click “Browse” or “Choose file” to locate the desired Word file(s).
- Provide your email address if needed. Some sites will email the file directly to your inbox. In case you don’t want to provide any email address you can use Print in PDF which does not require email addresses.
- Click “Convert” and wait for the conversion process to finish.
- Check your file if it’s ready to be downloaded or check your email the site the sent the file to your inbox.
- Download your file. Open it and check for any error.