Hi, I’m Omar. I am a teacher applicant for the elementary level at the Division of Bataan. I can assume you are here because you want to be enlightened about the procedures of acquiring your Unique Applicant Number (UAN) or because you are having troubles getting through the newly implemented DepEd Online Application System. Well, you are on the right place. I was one of the fortunate applicants to successfully secure my UAN that’s why I’m here to help you with the process.
Since it was the first time this system has been implemented, there were a lot of errors applicants have encountered while applying online in the past week. These include server backlogs, wrong email addresses, TIN, or wrong inputs of data. Below are the initial steps you have to follow in order to avoid these errors and to have a successful registration.
Please read them CAREFULLY.
Visit this URL to apply for a Unique Applicant Number (UAN)
[note]To my dear readers and fellow applicants, please let us understand that the DepEd HRIS team are doing their best to respond to all our queries. Due to the hundreds of emails they receive every hour, there have been delays to their response to some of our emails. Rest assured that they will be sending you your UAN or verification emails in due time. Thank you for your understanding[/note]
UPDATE AS OF TUESDAY, APRIL 21, 2015
We are glad to announce that the DepEd HRIS team has responded to the concerns we have forwarded to them. Please read the document below to read about the answers or solutions to the common problems you have encountered recently.
UPDATE AS OF MONDAY, APRIL 20, 2015
To all teacher-applicants who did not receive their verification email yet, please register here (Use the form below). Please enter only ONE (1) valid email address that you already registered with in application.deped.gov.ph where you want your validation email to be sent. NO FOLLOW-UPS and NO MULTIPLE EMAIL. We will send you the notification as soon as possible.
-DepEd HRIS Team
UPDATE AS OF SUNDAY, APRIL 19, 2015
[button link=”[button url=”https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxGiBzFkhUFlY2RWTWhVSHBZUEk&usp=sharing” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#02a922″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: arrow-down”]DOWNLOAD DEPED ONLINE APPLICATION FAQs[/button]
Recently, applicants are encountering common errors. Here’s some of them:
DATA IN THE PDS ARE NOT BEING SAVED EVEN AFTER SUBMISSION
1. “Everytime I click the SUBMIT button lage pong nirereply ay Please enter your Birthdate/Tin.Pag na encode ko naman po then I click submit button again ang lage pong sinasabi ng dialog box ay Your PDS has been successfully saved!.Ibig po bang sabihin nito ay nasubmit nayung PDS ko and wait for 48 hours or or hndi pa?Anu po bang dapat kung gawin?
BLANK PAGE WHEN CLICKING THE LINK IN THE VERIFICATION EMAIL
2. “The verification email was already sent to my email but the problem this time is that when I click “here” the page of it doesn’t appear any messages like ‘Congratulations! …..’ I just saw the logo of DepEd and also the Register on the other side. What will I do?”
ISSUANCE OF TWO DIFFERENT UANs
3. “Sir meron na po akong UAN . Upon download po ng PDS ko nakita ko po na may mga missing data so I email d deped to reopen my PDS for update. ang problema ko po ngaun ay may panibagong UAN na nag appear sa dashboard ko. Everytym i sign in sa deped onlinesystem ung bago na po na uam ang nag aapear. Tanong ko lang po f ganun b tlga pag nag update ng PDS? Another is na forward ko na sa skul yung first UAN ko. Will it affect my application?”
UPDATE AS OF WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15, 2015
Please read this Memorandum from DepEd Assistant Secretary Jesus L.R. Mateo
DepEd Online Application System
IMPORTANT TIPS AND REMINDERS
1. On Step 1, use a working email address. A working email address is an EXISTING email address that you can open and access from time to time. This is the email you always use when checking messages from your contacts, it may also be the one you are using when logging on Facebook and other social media network.
2. Still on Step 1. On the application page DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT enter an email that is not existing or has not been created yet on the field that says “E-Mail (Valid email only; preferably @deped.gov.ph if applicable)”. If you want to use a new email, create the email first before typing it at the “E-mail” field to make sure it is working and available then proceed with the application.
3. If you have successfully registered but can’t see a confirmation link to your email. Check your Spam folder. Both Yahoo Mail and Gmail have Spam folders however, Yahoo Mail more often filters emails and put it on Spam folder.
For Yahoo Mail, Spam folder is located below Inbox>Drafts>Sent at the right hand pane of the screen.
For Gmail, it is also located at the right hand pane of the screen. Click on the word “More” and you should see your Spam folder.
4. If you don’t have an existing email, it is better to use Gmail. It is easier to use and has a lot of functionalities. It is also less prone to Spam as compared to Yahoo Mail.
OTHER COMMON ISSUES, ERRORS, AND ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS:
Question No. 1: I Don’t have a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), what should I do?
[note]As of April 9, 2015, applicants may now start to apply without TIN. Instead, you will be presenting any of the following IDs: Voter’s ID, Passport ID, SSS, GSIS UMID, Postal ID, and Philhealth.[/note]
Answer: BIR advises you to register for a TIN here. Please also watch the video below to guide you on the steps in registering your TIN online.
Visit this URL to apply for a TIN online:
BIR TIN Online Application
Question No. 2: I always experience a 404 error on my browser. What causes this and how should I get rid of it?
Answer: 404 errors are caused by several factors, one of the most common factors is the server load. When the DepEd servers cannot handle the load of a page due to the number of people accessing it, the website will display a temporary message like the one you often encounter. (See image below)
Here’s the workaround:
1. Force refresh your browser. Do this by pressing the “F5” button on your keyboard or right click on your mouse on any part of the webpage then select “Reload” or “Refresh”. On my part, I kept on refreshing the webpage until the website reloaded again without the 404 error.
2. Change your browser settings or clear the browsing data, cache, and cookies. The steps in clearing your browser data varies depending each browser and the versions installed in the computer. Below are the links on how to clear your browsing history, cookies, and cache.
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95582
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
Internet Explorer: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141
For all browsers including Android: https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic
Question No. 3: I accidentally submitted my PDS but I was not yet finished filling out all the information. What should I do.
Answer: Kindly send your complete name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject DATA CORRECTION.
Question No. 4: I missed filling up the position I am applying for before proceeding with the online PDS. How can I solve this issue?
Answer: If you have missed or skipped filling up the POSITION field on your dashboard, then it will cause the NON-ISSUANCE of your UAN. That is not a system problem. Kindly send your complete name and email address to email@example.com with the subject PDS Encoded Request to RE-OPEN.
Question No. 5: On the online PDS, only the year 2005 and the previous years are available. How to fix this?
Answer: Just type the correct date on the box using this format. For example, you have graduated on college on March 26, 2013 then it should go like this, 2013-03-26
Question No. 6: Where can I find my Unique Applicant Number?
Answer: Your Unique Applicant Number (UAN) can be found on the following:
1. DepEd Application Dashboard. It is a 9-digit alphanumeric characters written in green text.
2. UAN email confirmation.
3. Upper right hand corner of the generated Personal Data Sheet.
Question No. 7: The page shows, “Invalid Confirmation Key”
Answer: Kindly send your complete name and email address at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject REQUEST RESETTING OF PASSWORD.
Question No. 8: How can I print my e-PDS?
Answer: On the email that will be sent to you by DepEd PTS which contains your UAN, there’s a link to download your e-PDS on the line that says “Click here to download your PDS.” It comes in a PDF format. You can print it and submit it to your division office. (See image below)
1. For those who have yet to receive their UAN by Monday, April 6, 2015 via email or via the DepEd dashboard, please send a new email at email@example.com with the subject NO UAN SENT as of April 6, 2015.
2. For those who have data corrections for the online PDS, like wrong birth date, wrong barangays or municipalities, kindly send your complete name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject DATA CORRECTION and explain your case very well.
3. If you have missed or skipped filling up the POSITION field on your dashboard, then it will cause the NON-ISSUANCE of your UAN. Let us clarify that this is not a system problem.
4. If you have registered prior to April 9, 2015 and has yet to receive a verification email, then please register again with a VALID and WORKING email address that you still have access to.
For suggestions and other queries, please leave a comment below. Please share it to your friends who are still having difficulties signing up with the DepEd Online Application System. Thank you and God bless.